Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"If It's Passion, It's Worth It"

I was wracking my brain for a creative entry to this entry, something that would encompass what I wanted to say and still be considered witty. I thank an off-hand comment from my friend Pete, whom I am quoting, who said the the above in response to my thoughts about starting my own business. He said it was going to be a lot of work, and I agree, but, well, like the man said.

So I ended up at the Job Gym last week and met with the Ontario Small Business Benefits people (who work with the Ontario government) about the steps I will need to take to make my skills as a designer something that becomes profitable. And what they can do to assist me :) I took a brief meeting with one of the employees to evaluate my ideas, and they didn't see any issues, so if everything goes according to plan I'll start classes in June. Big pro to this: they restart my EI benefits at a decent amount. Hopefully the shine of this info will be toned down by my already having a part time job and supplementing some income.

Anyway, in the meantime I'm still applying for various jobs all over the place, and working on my various side projects. I have a few people actually looking at me to help them with some projects, which is also exciting. Ups and downs, twists and turns!

As usual, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment