Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Denver, The Foam Dinosaur

Remember these?

I do! I used to love these growing up. I had a few of them, and I remember putting them together, and then moving to more complicated ones. Once I started working with foam again, and piecing together the sections of the Stargate, I remembered putting together these puzzles and thought "Hey! Let's combine these things!"

So I found a pattern like this...


...printed them large format, and then used that as a template to make much bigger foam pieces out of them...


...and unearthed this old beast! A special thank you to my lovely assistant who held the tail down. The structural stability of the final product wasn't as good as the old wooden ones, and was way too top heavy. Learnings for next time!





As always, thanks for reading :)




No comments:

Post a Comment